Suitable for vegetarians
June 11, 2023
Halloumi Twists with our halloumi!
- 125g Halloumi Charalambides Christis, grated
- 125g Mild Cheddar Cathedral City, grated
- 1 Puff Pastry, Chrysi Zymi, about 425g, thawed
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 15-20 Mint Leaves, finely chopped
- All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Turn on an air circulation oven to 190° C and set the rack to the middle position.
- Use a bowl and mix together the grated cheeses.
- Dust your worktop with a bit of flour and sprinkle on top 1/4 of the grated cheese mixture to an area the same size of the puff pastry.
- Place on top of the cheese mixture the puff pastry and roll out the pastry to half of its original thickness and sprinkle on top half of the remaining cheese mixture along with the mint and season with the salt and pepper.
- Fold the pastry in half and half again and roll out to its original thickness.
- Sprinkle on top the remaining cheese mixture and once again fold the pastry in half and half again and roll out to its original thickness.
- Cut with a knife into 3cm wide strips and place them in an oven proof dish leaving some space in between them. Hold both ends of each strip and twist in opposite directions to create a spiral effect.
- Brush them lightly with the egg and place them in the preheated oven for 25’ and until they puff nicely and become golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until they are firm enough to be lifted. Repeat for the remaining twists and enjoy the same day or even the next one!