Suitable for vegetarians
December 6, 2022
- 250g. Charalambides Christis margarine Original
- 4 Egg yolks
- 200g. All-purpose flour
- 200g. blanched almonds (ground)
- 2 spoons of corn flour
- 4 spoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch of Salt
For the icing
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 spoon of Blossom Water
- 300g. Icing sugar
- 1 spoonful of corn flour
- Pour all the ingredients for the cookies into the mixing bowl. Mix them with the hand mixer until you have a smooth and elastic dough.
- Then, shape it with your hands into a ball and cover it with cling film. Leave it for 30 minutes in the fridge to rest.
- Next, roll the dough with a rolling pin on a floured work surface, on a sheet, 0.5 cm thick.
- Use a star shape cookie cutter to shape the star cookies and transfer them to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes, until they are slightly golden.
- Then let them cool completely on the kitchen counter.
For the icing
- In a saucepan, heat the egg whites with the flour and cornflour over low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Remove from the heat and after it has cooled, leave it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Then transfer it to the bowl of the mixer and beat it for half a minute with the whisk until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the blossom water and mix for a little more.
- Finally, fill a piping bag with icing sugar and every cookie.