April 20, 2022
Sea bass with Barba Stathis Black-eyed Beans and Cypriot Cabbage
For the Black-Eyed Beans
- 1 package of Barba Stathis Black-eyed Beans
- 3 spoons of olive oil
- 3 fresh onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of Cypriot Chard Cabbage (coarsely chopped)
- A little lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
For the Sea bass
- Sea bass fillets
- 1 spoon of Olive oil
- Boil the black-eyed beans according to package instructions and set them aside.
- Heat a large and deep frying pan over high heat. Add half the olive oil and slightly saute the spring onion.
- Then add the black-eyed beans and the vegetable broth.
- Add the chard cabbage, the remaining olive oil, and the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Season the sea bass with salt on both sides. Place it in a hot pan with olive oil and skin side down.
- As soon as the skin side becomes crispy, turn it over to the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, as soon as the fish is ready, serve it with the black-eyed beans