Suitable for vegetarians
April 13, 2022
Vibrant beets mixed with tangy yoghurt and fresh herbs create a dip that is as good as a starter, snack or side dish!
- 450g Straggato Yoghurt 0% Fat Free Charalambides Christis
- 4 Medium Red Beets, peeled
- 30ml EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dry Coriander, ground
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint, finely chopped
- 15ml Red Wine Vinegar, mild
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Turn the oven to 190° C, air circulation and rack set at the middle.
- Use an oven proof dish and add the beets. Pour on them the oil, sprinkle the coriander and season with ½ tsp of salt. Give them a toss and cook in the oven for about an hour and until well softened. Halfway through give them a toss.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, use gloves and grate them through the large holes of a grater box.
- Add into your serving bowl the yoghurt along with the oregano and mint, vinegar and season with the remaining ½ tsp of salt and the pepper. Mix well add the grated beets. Once again mix well and serve as a dip with pitta bread.