Suitable for vegetarians
May 14, 2020
Anari Dessert (Anarocrema)
- 100 gr. Baklava pastry sheets (Phyllo)
For the cream:
- 700 gr Charalambides Christis anari unsalted, cut into small pieces
- 200 ml Charalambides Christis Fresh Milk Full Fat, 3% Fat
- 120 gr. sugar
- 30 gr. honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients: For assembling the cake
- 60 gr. walnut kernels coarsely chopped
- 120 gr. honey
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and preheat the oven to 180° C on the fan setting.
- Unfold the baklava sheets, take the baklava sheets one by one, crumple them in the shape of a ball and place them on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove the baking tray from the oven and let the sheets cool completely.
- Add the anari, milk, sugar, honey, cinnamon to the mixer and beat for a few minutes until the anari breaks down and blends well with the milk, sugar and cinnamon until all the ingredients are evenly mixed and a smooth mixture is formed. We need to have a thick cream. Then, divide the cream into six individual bowls or glasses and put them in the fridge to cool well.
- When we are ready to serve, we crush the baklava sheets with our fingers in a big bowl. Next, we spread some of the crushed baklava sheets on top of the anari of each bowl. Before serving it, top with crushed walnuts and a drizzle of honey. Then, serve immediately. Remember that if you put the cream with the baklava sheets in the fridge, the sheets will absorb moisture from the cream and will not be crunchy. That's why it's best to add the pastry sheet before serving.