Suitable for vegetarians
October 11, 2021
Charalambides Christis Halloumi with Tomato Jam!
- Charalambides Christis Halloumi (sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes (mashed)
- 1 cup white Sugar
- 1 tablespoon white Balsamic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 teaspoons Cumin (powder)
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch of chilli pepper
- Carnation cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour mashed tomatoes, sugar, a pinch of salt and the cinnamon stick in a saucepan and cook on high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- When the mixture boils, lower the heat, add the cumin, the smoked paprika, the chilli pepper, the carnation cloves, the balsamic and continue cooking for another 35-40 minutes, stirring gradually.
- When the jam is ready, remove it from the heat and remove the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Add the slices of Charalambides Christis Halloumi in a saucepan and pour water in it (just enough to cover them). Boil for 5-6 minutes. Remove them from the pot and serve hot with the tomato jam on top.