Suitable for vegetarians
September 12, 2023
Traditional Portuguese Tarts (Pasteis de Nata) <3
- 425 g. puff pastry
- 500 g. Charalambides Christis Fresh Milk Full-Fat , 3% Fat
- 2 eggs
- 170 g. sugar
- 40 g. flour
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon peel
- Icing sugar and cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured counter using a cutter and cut it into circles with a diameter of about 6 cm.
- Place the circles in a muffin pan, pressing the dough against the bottom and up the sides to create small cups.
- Warm the milk, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a saucepan until they boil.
- While the milk is warming, beat the eggs, sugar and flour in a separate bowl until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- As soon as the milk boils, remove the cinnamon stick and lemon peel. Pour the egg mixture into the pot, stirring constantly with a hand whisk, until all the ingredients are combined and you have a thick cream.
- Pour the cream mixture into each puff pastry cup, filling each cup 4/5 of the way.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until golden and the cream sets.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Sprinkle with cinnamon and icing sugar and you are ready to serve this delicious delicacy fresh!