September 22, 2021
Halloumi Fajitas with Charalambides Christis strained yogurt sauce!
- 2 Pissourkotiko Traditional Goat Halloumi Charalambides Christis, cut in half and then cut into 1 cm thick slices.
- 2 Red Onions, cut into thin strips
- 5-6 Peppers, colorful, remove the seeds and white ribs, cut into thin strips
- 10 soft Tortillas, preferably made from Corn but also from Flour
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander, the leaves
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Cumin, powder
- 1 tbsp. Dried Garlic, powdered
- 1 tbsp. Sea salt
- 1 tbsp. Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Paprika, non-smoked, preferably Spanish or Hungarian
- 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds
For the Sauce
- 300g. Straggato Yogurt Authentic, 10% fat Charalambidis Christis
- 3 Red Smoked Florin Peppers, in a jar
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ tbsp. Cumin, powder
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 Red Chili Pepper, remove / keep as many seeds as you want, finely chopped
- ½ lime juice
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Start with the sauce by placing all the ingredients in the food processor bowl with the metal blade mounted and work until it becomes a uniform creamy mixture.
- For the fajitas spice mixture, add the smoked paprika, oregano, ground cumin, garlic, salt and pepper to a bowl and set aside.
- Put a large pan on high heat and let it heat for 2 'until it smokes. Add half the oil and let it heat for 1 '. Add the onions and let them deep fry, without stirring often, so as to achieve a nice crust. Cook for about 3 'and then add the peppers. Continue to sauté them for about 4 'while seasoning them with the ‘fajitas’ spice mixture. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining oil, 30ml, in a large bowl, together with the sweet paprika and the cumin seeds. Mix well and add the halloumi and mix again.
- Clean our pan and once again place it on high heat and let it heat for 2 'until it smokes. Add the halloumi and fry for a few minutes on each side until golden. Add the cooked onions and peppers back to the pan and mix with the halloumi.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas and build each one by adding the halloumi with the peppers and onions and on top a few spoonful of the yogurt-pepper sauce. Finally, add some of the coriander leaves and wrap the tortillas.