Suitable for vegetarians
March 20, 2023
Tomatoes with peppers and kefalotiri on toasted bread!
- 40-50 cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow peppers (cut into four pieces)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt Pepper
- 7-8 slices sourdough bread (toasted)
- A few leaves of fresh basil (coarsely chopped)
- 4 spoons Charalambides Christis Kefalotyri (grated)
- Put the cherry tomatoes, peppers, olive oil, garlic and thyme in a pyrex and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 200 degrees for 50 minutes. Then remove the aluminium foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spoon to take the baked vegetables and add on top of each slice of bread.
- Finally, add the basil and the grated Kefalotyri.
Tip: If you add the basil and kefalotyri into the mixture and then put it in the blender, you will have a perfect paste for your pasta and your pizzas. You can also seal it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 7 days.