Suitable for vegetarians
November 8, 2022
Now that the weather is slowly getting colder.. Hot recipes have their due...Brioche buns with kefalotyri Charalambides Christis.
- 9g. dry yeast
- 480g. Strong flour
- 50g. Sugar
- 50g. Charalambides Christis ORIGINAL Margarine (melted)
- 1 Egg
- 240g. Water
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 4 spoons of Sesame seeds
- 1 egg & 1 tablespoon of Charalambides Christis fresh milk (beaten together)
- In a mixer bucket, add the yeast, water, and sugar. Then, mix with a whisk until the yeast dissolves. Leave the yeast in the bucket to work for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the melted margarine, flour and egg to the mixer bowl. Beat for one minute with the hand mixer on medium speed.
- Then, add the salt and continue to beat for another 5 minutes until you have an elastic and slightly sticky dough.
- Scrape the dough out of the mixer bowl using a spatula, transfer it to an oiled bowl, and then cover it with a towel.
- Let it rise until doubled in size for about 90 minutes, depending on room temperature.
- Then flour your work surface well and divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Form the dough into round buns, and place them in a baking tray lined with baking paper, leaving space between them.
- Sprinkle with a bit of flour and let them rise for another 30 minutes, covered with a cling film.
- When ready, brush them with the egg carefully without deflating them and sprinkle with a bit of sesame.
- Finally, bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for 20 minutes.