Suitable for vegetarians
October 17, 2022
Crispy cheese rolls with kefalotyri!
- 1 package Chrysi Zymi Puff Pastry for pies
- 400g. Charalambides Christis kefalotyri (cut into thick sticks)
- 6 spoons of olive oil
- 2 spoons Thyme
- 2 spoons Oregano
- A little pepper
- 600ml Sunflower oil (for frying)
- Let the puff pastry (phyllo) defrost according to the package instructions.
- Take 2 puff pastries and cut them crosswise so that you have 8 square pieces.
- Sprinkle one piece with olive oil, some of the thyme, oregano, and pepper and add a piece of the cheese (kefalotyri).
- Roll the phyllo diagonally and fold the edges of the phyllo inwards. Keep rolling and spread a little water at the edge of the phyllo, so that the roll sticks and seals properly.
- Follow the same process for all the pieces.
- Finally, heat the oil in a deep-frying pan and fry the cheese rolls for 3 minutes until they have a golden colour.