February 22, 2023
Chicken Curry Salad!
- 5 Chicken Fillets
- 2 tbsp EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 8 Stalks Celery, small and thin, finely chopped
- 2 ½ tbsp Curry Powder, medium heat, roasted in a small skillet for couple of minutes
- 70g Mango Chutney
- 175g Mayonnaise
- 200g Straggato Yoghurt Authentic, Charalambides Christis
- 40ml Lime Juice
- 30ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Apple, with peel, finely diced
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Dry Coriander, Ground
- ½ cup Salted Cashew Nuts, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Set the oven to 180°C, air circulation, and rack set to the middle position.
- Place the chicken fillets in an oven proof dish, season with half the salt and pepper and drizzle over them the olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for about 35' until the chicken is just cooked. Take out of the oven, allow to cool and dice the chicken into small bite-size pieces. Add to a large bowl and keep aside covered with foil.
- Take the bowl of a food processor with the metal blade attached and add the mayonnaise and yoghurt along with the curry, chutney, lime juice, vinegar, dry coriander and the remaining of the salt and pepper. Blitz-pulse for a minute or so until the sauce has been well combined.
- To put everything together, add into the bowl with the chicken bits the chopped scallions and celery. Pour the sauce and mix well. Fold in the apple and coriander and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Serve with rice at room temperature while adding on top the cashew nuts and some coriander leaves on the side.