Suitable for vegetarians
September 25, 2023
Easy Flaouna cake recipe with our kefalotyri <3
- 80 ml olive oil
- 240 ml of milk
- 3 eggs
- 350 g. all-purpose flour
- 80 g. sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry spearmint
- 10 fresh spearmint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mahlepi
- 1 tbsp mastic
- 100 g. raisins
- 250 g. Coarsely grated Charalambides Christis Kefalotyri
- A little sesame to sprinkle on our Flaouna cake
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Pour the olive oil, milk and eggs into a large bowl. Mix until the ingredients are combined. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, dry and fresh spearmint, mahlepi, and mastic and mix again.
- Finally, mix in the raisins and grated cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray. Sprinkle with a little sesame and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or check if the Flaouna cake is cooked by dipping a knife into its centre. If this comes out clean, then it's ready.
- Let it cool a little, remove it from the tray and serve.