Suitable for vegetarians
October 31, 2022
Eggplants baked with yogurt and many other good things..
- 1 Cypriot pita bread
- 1 kilo of aubergines, cut into cubes
- 80ml olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt & Pepper
- 500g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 spoons of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
- 70g pine nuts
For the sauce:
- 300g Straggato Yoghurt Light Charalambides Christis
- 100g raw tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 60ml lemon juice
- Salt, pepper, coriander, cumin
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dry mint
- Divide the pita in half and place it on a baking sheet with the cut surface facing up. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees, on the fan setting, for about 25 minutes until it becomes crispy.
- Store them in a container with a lid when they are completely cooled. You can make them up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Cut the aubergines into cubes of about 2-3 cm. Place them in an oven tray together with the sliced cherry tomatoes. Mix the garlic with the olive oil and pour over the aubergines. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 175 degrees on the fan setting for 50-60 minutes, stirring once or twice, until well done.
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a small blender.
- To serve, put the yoghurt sauce on the base of a plate.
- Place the aubergines on top.
- Crumble the pittas and spread them over the aubergines.
- Sprinkle with parsley, coriander, fresh mint and pine nuts and serve.