Suitable for vegetarians
February 24, 2023
Spinach & Feta Tart!
- 1 sheet of Chrysi Zymi Puff Pastry
- 3 spoons of Butter
- 3 bunches Spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 4 fresh onions (chopped)
- 3 Egg yolks
- 200g. Charalambides Christis dairy cream
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 150g. Charalambides Christis Feta
- A little freshly ground pepper
- Open the sheet of puff pastry (phyllo) slightly with a rolling pin and place it in a tart pan or a round cake tin. Trim the excess sheet around the edges and poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a fork.
- In a large pan, fry the spinach with olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the onions and continue frying until wilted.
- In a bowl, beat the yolks with the cream, nutmeg and pepper.
- Lower the heat and pour the cream mixture into the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and throw in the crumbled feta. Mix very well.
- Finally, after the mixture has cooled a little, pour it into the baking dish and put it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until the puff pastry turns golden.